Thursday, December 8, 2011

This is what LOVE is !!

Smiling gingerly you have once said
That you would never leave me alone;
You would always stand by my side
And that you would love to see me smile
Always, yes always!

Was it a dream, a sheer thought or just
my imagination...when you held me tight
And often sat beside only to make me feel
Safe and good from my heart.

Oh! Now that you are not here,
I realize how much you meant to me
How secure I felt even in darkness of night
Alone, gazing to the dim-light from my window!

Ah! never I thought we would once separate
For so long and so far that my heart would
Just bounce back to the sweet old days
Now and then, and cry but would not be
Heard, in pain but not healed, in grief
But never soothing....

You were there just for making me feel special
You were there just for me and only me;
Yet I could realize only when it was too late
And here I stand alone, yes alone
With memories devouring my heart
Each bit of me is sinking, getting hollow from
Within, and I can only remember you and just you!

No wonder, this is what LOVE is !!


1:34p.m.,Wed., 9/12/11, N. Delhi

No comments:

Post a Comment