Friday, March 11, 2011

I LOST HER like a dream... (part 2)

As I fastened my steps way back home, something ached near my heart.I felt my Varna's presence nearby.Her innocent face kept hovering in my conscious and my head started reeling. I wanted to shout and cry. The world around looked so horrible to me...that even the slightest view of Varna would have soothened my pain !





Suddenly, I turned back and started walking towards that house from where I returned. As I reached near the entrance, I saw that little girl I met earlier, into tears. She when saw me there, wiped her tears and turned her face to other side pretending not to notice me. I stepped towards her, and leaned down to ask why was she crying.

She lifted her gaze with heavyness and gathered her painful voice to utter a mere "Sorry"...then pointed towards a conjusted lane just beside her house. Without giving a second thought to what she said, I rushed towards the lane......when I reached the end that was just 6-7 steps from the house, a dead wall faced me infront. I got stuck and turned around. Gazing down, I closed my eyes and pondered what was I doing here.What did that girl mean when she pointed towards this lane......''had she been knowing something about Var......no did she mean she was sorry for.........no this can't be the case...or did she know where had she been imprisoned''.Innumerous, uncountable thoughts flashed through my mind and I was terribly shaking at the thought of the consequences brought to Varna.





Hurriedly, I rushed myself towards the girl. Reaching out to her, I spotted her hands and legs scratched as if she had helped herself out of some difficult situation and in the process thereby got hurt. I kept my palm over her head and asked with a heavy voice if she could tell anything about my lost pet. She raised her brows and lifted herself to get up; and taking my hands in hers, she wept for a while. Consoling her by the side, I just could not help myself loose out to cry. This was just not helping when she taking my hands ran inside her house and took me to the rooftop. I was shocked, confused, lost and totally out of my mind. What was this day meant to be?


It was some 4 floored building and we both were pacing towards the third floor, when a mumble from my left side jammed my steps and I forced my ears towards the voice direction.
What I could see to my left, was a fence with netted boundary through the entire stairs up the rooftop. I tilted myself till the waist to gaze down obliquely and my eyes stuck on a small sheep tied to her neck with an iron nail rooted in the ground. She was trying her best to take out her neck from that thick loop of rope. Her consistent effort to let herself free from that pain added more to her pain.She gazed up with a wanting look in her eyes crying for some help and I in a few seconds rushed towards her. The warmth of her touch and her soft fur reminded me of Varna...her eyes almost teary were about to collapse when my gentle touch patronized her and she was calm in no time!



I was so desperately trying to undo the knotted loop, that the arrival of someone nearby didn't distract me for a while.This man was a huge black creature with protruding stomach and bushy moustaches in addition to hairy beard hanging till his chest.The shadow of his body falling by my side was enough to make out how giant and devilish he was!

"Who are you and how come you are inside this house without my notice", he asked furiously.I looked up at him and stood with fumbling toes to reply him. He was the same man whom I met in the morning. He had a big butcher's knife in his hands. Looking at me he pretended as if he's noticed me for the first time, but his forehead lined with stretches showed his discomfort on my presence there. Something was going inside his mind. '' So you are back in spite of my telling that we don't know about any deer of yours''. He was though talking to me but his eyes were staring that girl standing behind me. His furious eyes turned red when he shouted at her ''So you are the culprit who brought her here, you won't listen until I cut you into pieces'', saying this he fastened himself forward to grab her hands. But, she clutched her hands with mine and hided her face behind me. I came forward and in a tone which was enough to slap him straight forwardly, said that it was so devilish for man to treat a small child in such a harsh manner. Raising his eyebrows, he looked at me and rudely replied that it was none of my business when he was talking to his daughter. I was more than surprised after he mentioned that girl was his daughter. This time the girl moved forward and in a painful tone started talking '' Abba! I know you can kill anyone you want to, so kill me like you did to that poor one today, now that you have proved your extremes of cruelity, I would rather wish to die than live a life burdened by the guilt of facing a helpless one die before my eyes''.I pulled her towards myself and shaking her with both my hands asked whom was she talking about.

Now becoming a bit careful, this man in a soft tone asked her to go to her room and not talk to strangers. But inspite of listening to any of his words, she pulled me towards one corner and in a sobbing tone said ''Di ! My abba has killed your pet, he has not listened to me and even hurt me when I wanted to save her. I am sorry for that. Let's go to the police''. Thunders blew through my ears and my eyes widened in response to what I heard . Holding my patience was now out of question. Outraged with pain and anguish, I turned around and bashing that man to the side wall I rushed towards an open room and shouted ''Where is my Varna, where have you hided her you bastard, give her to me else I will kill you''. That man came nearer and said in an indifferent tone that he is ready to pay me an amount of my wish if I am interested in compromising and settling the matter then. I was shivering with anger and this line spoken by him increased my temper. I slapped him on his right cheek and rushed out of that house.

Tears were consistently doing their job, now I had to do mine. But, I stopped myself to turn around and gaze at that house when I saw that girl running towards me. She approached me and held out her hands saying she will be accompanying me to the police. I couldn't utter a word and helding her hands, I fastened my steps ahead. That man might have tried to catch hold of us but we were in no time out of the lane and now on the roadside lost in the crowd.I didn't give a damn to turn back and look at him as the only thing in my mind was to punish him at every cost. So, I was speeding up to the police station.

No comments:

Post a Comment